Professional Learning Symposium
Tuesday, May 1, 2018
Autism in Education Partnership
Dr. Camille Kolu: Trauma-Informed Behavioural Intervention
The Atlantic Provinces Special Education Authority (APSEA) Autism in Education (AIE) Partnership is pleased to present Dr. Camille Kolu. Dr. Kolu works in the Denver, Colorado community with behavioural agencies, families, universities, and health and human service agencies. The emphases of her work include functional behaviour assessments and transition supports for individuals with concurrent mental health and behaviour challenges, and families experiencing early intervention, foster care, adoption, autism, and/or behaviour challenges. Dr. Kolu earned a Ph. D. in Biopsychology and Behavioural Neuroscience at Rutgers University, and she is a Doctoral-level Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA-D).
AIE 2018 Symposium Registration
Early registration: $195 + HST (by March 16, 2018)
Late registration: $225 + HST (after March 16, 2018)
- Registration fee includes nutrition breaks; lunch is on your own.
- Please note that refunds of registration fees cannot be provided; however, if you are unable to attend the symposium you may identify a replacement attendee to fill your spot.
- Registrants understand that while attending the Autism in Education symposium they may be photographed by an AIE-approved photographer. In registering for and attending this event they grant permission for AIE to use any such photographs in any of its publications or media in perpetuity, and agree to make no monetary or other claim against AIE for the use of the photographs.
1980 Robie Street
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Parking will be available at the Atlantica hotel on May 1 at a reduced conference rate of $5.75 for the day.
The Atlantica Hotel is offering a conference rate of $139 + taxes for accommodations and $10 + taxes for overnight parking for reservations made by March 30, 2018. For reservations made after March 30, regular rates will apply.
For more information, contact:
Coordinator, Autism in Education Partnership
Email Shelley McLean
Previous Symposium Events
- “Teaching Executive Functions & Complex Language and Cognition Skills"
AIE Symposium 2017
- “Anxiety in Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder” and “Advanced Treatment Techniques”
AIE Symposium 2016
- “A Positive Approach to Consulting in Schools: Evidence-Based Practices for Promoting Effectiveness and Acceptance”
AIE Symposium 2014